Wednesday, November 11, 2009

What I Read

I love answering questions like this because it allows me to feel like someone actually cares!

So, the question is from YA Highway and it asks what I read besides YA. First of all, I'm not sure if this counts but, I read People and Cosmo magazine :) As for books, I am a huge fan of Christopher Rice- he is Anne Rice's son and he writes books that usually have a homosexual man as the lead. I LOVE all of his books, but my favorites are A Density of Souls, and Light Before Day. I also really enjoy Scott Heim, author of Mysterious Skin (with was an AWESOME movie starring one of my many boyfriends Joseph Gordon Levitt). A few of my guilty pleasures, John Grisham's A Time to Kill and The Associate, and Dean Koontz's The Good Guy and Velocity. My BIGGEST guilty pleasure? The Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris (I even purchased her short story collection based on Sookie Stackhouse). I also recently fell in love with Cormac McCarthy. He has a very vivid, unique style of writing. The books I have read of his and love are No Country for Old Men, and The Road. I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Joyce Carol Oates' Zombie. If you have not read it yet, I strongly suggest that you crack that one open. If you have a weak stomach and a low tolerance for pyschopathic, pedophilic, serial killers then you might not want to read that one. However, I must say, Zombie is probably my favorite book of all time!

I think I've said enough- so tell me, what do you read besides YA???

4 comments:

  1. I have not read Zombie, as a matter of fact. Maybe I should remedy that!

    And LOL @ "many boyfriends". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a fantastic list of books, many of which I've never read! I'm going to have to rememdy that. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I should read some Dean Koontz. Everyone talks about him, and I have yet to pick up a single one of his books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can have your guilty pleasure--Stephenie Meyer is mines. But I must say, I absolutely HATED Breaking Dawn. More than I hate having a cold in the summer. Good list of books, though. I really want to read Zombie.

    ReplyDelete