Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Getting to Know ME!

Once again, I am answering the Road Trip Wednesday Question for YA Highway.

They would like to get to know all of their followers, so here goes nothing! (Did I mention how I love to talk about myself? Especially after listening to people piss and moan about students all day!)

1) What are the three best books you've read this year?
  • The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins- OH...MY...GOD! Talk about edge of your seat excitement. This book is such a page-turner with adventure, an interesting romance, and uniqueness.
  • The Associate by John Grisham- This book took me back to the days of A Time to Kill. There is excitement, a mystery, and a slight romance (just the amount that I can stomach) that keeps this book propelling through the end, which was slightly dissapointing.
  • Zombie & Rape: A Love Story (tie) by Joyce Carol Oates- Not only are the plots taboo (which I LOVE!), but the style is also taboo- written in improper sentence structures and grammar, it makes the reader really become part of the distorted mind of Q_P_ and part of the unraveling world of the characters in Rape.

2) If you could meet one author (living or dead), who would it be?

I would love to meet Joyce Carol Oates. I want to write like her, and I would kill to know where her inspirations come from. I also would want to meet John Grisham, I have loved his books since I was in high school. I would also find it an honor to be in the presence of Cormac McCarthy and Christopher Rice.

3) What book are you most looking forward to in 2010?

Obviously, I can't wait for the third book in the Hunger Games trilogy. I am pushing my way through the second book already! And although I'm not exactly sure when it's coming out, I am also looking forward to the next wacky adventure that Sookie Stackhouse will be a part of.

Hope you feel like you know me better already!

2 comments: