Friday, December 11, 2009

Random Thoughts (Welcome to My New Obsession!)


So, I have been trying to figure out what else I can put on my blog...and since I am completely obsessed with the Hunger Games Trilogy- I thought I would pose a few questions about my new favorite books and the country of Panem. These are just a few random thoughts, so bear with me!


Questions:


1.) What is so special about Katniss??? I mean, don't get me wrong, I genuinely like Katniss, which is weird for me because I never like female protagonist. So, I like her, but I don't get why two guys like Gale and Peeta are vying for her affections, and hers alone. (I am only half way through Catching Fire, so if you know something I don't- DO NOT SHARE!!!). Maybe I could be slightly jealous because I have never had two guys fighting over me :)

2.) Why do people in the Capitol dye their skin? I don't think I need to explain this question.

3.) Why was District 12 largely ignored? Those of you who have read the books will get what I mean- up until something happens in the second book District 12 is pretty much ignored by the Capitol.

4.) Weren't your freaked out by the muttations at the end of The Hunger Games ?!!!


5.) And why does it seem like this world is not that far-fetched from our current America...could these books be an undercover political message? Hmmm?


Final Thoughts:




Is it just me or does it seem like every time you turn a page in Catching Fire a highly political song should be playing in the background ? Think: "Uprising" by Muse, "East Jesus Nowhere," and "American Idiot" by Greenday, and "Hypnotize" by System of a Down.







Okay I've spent enough time away from the book right now...must get back!!!!

1 comment:

  1. LOL--you're a complete re-re, but I guess I love ya. BTW, I hate that you told me mutations are part of this series. Haven't you ever heard of the element of surprise???

    ReplyDelete