Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tat-Tat-Tatted Up!

It's that time again! My aces at YA Highway have given yet another stellar and thought provoking question for this week's Roadtrip Wednesday. I have been trying to push myself to get a tattoo for the past two years now. And for good reason- it would be to remember my late father. My entire immediate family (mom, older sister, and younger brother) all have theirs, but I am too much of a wimp to git 'er done! So...I am enjoying this week's question. What tattoo would I get to celebrate my book's success OR what tattoo would I get to celebrate my favorite book?
Of course if I every really get the courage to get a tattoo- the first one will be an ode to my dad, but in the meantime I want to play around with this topic! I'll start with the first part of the question, if one of my books is ever successful- only one is complete so I will use that for this post-I would get devil horns AKA the rock symbol. Why? Because my POS Chasing Manson is a 1960/70's music (mainly rock) love fest. The novel is not entirely focused on rock n roll, but the chapter and section titles are all pulled from song titles during that time period so it seems only fitting.


And as for a tat to celebrate my fave book??? Oooh...hard one. I have so many fav books right now! I guess I would have to get the mickingjay from the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins- most def!

And I would want something to rep. Zombie by Joyce Carol Oates and stay tuned- you might see Q_P_'s (the main character in the novel) playlist up here one Monday! Maybe I can get something like a rattail- read the book, NOW, if you wanna know why I chose that. I could write about this forever. There are so many others that I can think of- fangs for the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris, a baseball bat for Mysterious Skin by Scott Heim, and a gavel for The Associate by John Grisham. All great books and totally ROCK HARD tattoos ideas!

What would you choose for a tattoo?

16 comments:

  1. Wow. If you got all of those tattoos, I'd be a little scared to walk past you on a dark night. :) But on a serious note, the rock symbol would, well, ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My vote is for the devil horns also and I suggest putting it on the back of your hand. That way you can just throw your fist up and have the same effect :)

    If my book, "Mix Tape", ever got published and was super duper successfull, I would for sure get a mixtape! Just a cute little one inch long tattoo.

    Maybe I will get the tattoo anyway - I am a child of the 80s after all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam- HA HA! I would look kind of freaky :)
    Melanie, Love your idea of the rock symbol on the back of my hand- that is so flippin' cool!!!! And a mix tape would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL at Melanie's comment! I could never get the rock and roll-- it looks like the Texas "hook 'em horns." :\

    Although I'd probably get that before a rat tail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that your story is vintage rock and roll. Heck yeah! And devil horns would be awesome.

    Until Kate came along and ruined it with her TX reference. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. The mockingjay is so beautiful. I really need to read HUNGER GAMES so I understand its meaning. And Melanie, I love the idea of a mix tape tattoo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah Kate. Way to bring The State of Ya'll into this.

    I picked the mockingjay too!! Such a perfect tattoo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I'm holding out on a tat as well with people tapping their toes at me. :) Strangely enough though, the book tat I'd want popped right in my head. I'm backwards I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely think the mockingjay would make a killer tattoo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm voting for the metal sign and love Melanie's reasoning behind it. (Of course, I always have to remind myself how to do the metal sign. I sometimes get it confused with 'hang loose.')

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG the cover for Mockingjay is out?!?!?
    ... Sorry, I got distracted by your sidebar >.>
    Love the rock symbol idea!! And of course, the mockingjay would make a kickass tattoo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Based on my most recent novel (which is centered around ABBA's most-known hit), I guess I'd have to choose "Dancing Queen", which also kind of describes me when alone in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That Mocking Jay is awesome! I totally condone getting it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Hunger Games symbol is quite striking. It would make a great tattoo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey Marquita!
    the rock symbol of this post is very similar to the logo of our project...
    have a look here: http://www.italianposterrockart.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. just want these notifications to stop for myself but allow them for other people who visit my site.Thanks you.

    gclub online
    goldenslot
    สูตรบาคาร่า

    ReplyDelete